Friday, March 13, 2009

Michael, Let Me Mourn

Yeah, you may be right, Michael, or not, but dude, this shit is still just happening. The death rattle is still rattling. A little mourning, especially as it has affected my life in a very direct way, is to be expected.

Joining Journalism 2.0 or maybe it's 3.0 was my plan, you see, although now it seems rather ridiculous. Move out here to the Bay Area, position myself so that I'd catch the next (likely digital) news wave just as it was swelling and then be a multi-billionaire at 45 and retire in the Peninsula. A month into my new phase, however, and I haven't seen too much in that direction.

Although some local news sites like www.missionlocal.org and www.oaklandnorth.net may point the way. Or maybe not. Who the fuck knows? Maybe, in two years, it'll just be TV, blogs and frenzied rumors spreading by word of mouth.

By the way, if any journalist with an opinion wants to chime in, please comment or write me at jtchang23@gmail.com and maybe we can add some more voices to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment